- The Academic Quiz Bowl (for grades 6 and up) will be held at the Eastchester Public Library from 7 p.m. to 8 p.m. The program incorporates a multiple-station buzzer system (similar to the one seen on “Jeopardy!”) that allows for as many as 16 participants at the same time as they attempt to answer age-appropriate questions on a variety of subjects.
- Motorists are advised that there will be limited access to northbound Bronx River Parkway from the Sprain Brook Parkway in Yonkers to the Westchester County Center (Exit 22) in White Plains weekdays starting on Monday, Sept. 30 and continuing through Friday, Oct. 4 from 9:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- The Junior League of Bronxville (JLB) is inviting new members by hosting informational socials for prospective new members. The event on Tuesday at 7 p.m. offers women interested in joining the organization an opportunity to meet current members, learn how to become an active member, and obtain more information on how the JLB serves the community.
- The Writers Gathering is a free and open group for all aspiring writers. A gathering will be held Tuesday at 7 p.m. at the Greenburgh Public Library. Meet in the Local History Room of the library to discuss your work, share ideas, and help get your creative juices flowing. No registration required. Call 721-8235 for more information.
- 'Meet the candidates' at Garth Woods Community Room at 7 p.m. The forum will offer Eastchester residents an opportunity to meet and learn about the candidates running for town and county office in November. Expected to attend will be incumbent Sheila Marcotte, current County Legislator, and her challenger New Rochelle resident Mary Jo Jacobs. Also expected to attend will be Town Supervisor Anthony Colavita and his challenger Democrat Michael Denning. More details here.
- Children's Yoga is being held at the Yonkers Library at 4 p.m. It is appropriate for children 6 - 10, no mat required, children should come dressed in comfortable clothes, and prepared to have fun. During the 45-minute yoga class children will learn basic yoga poses, play yoga games and learn a few simple meditation techniques.
- The Lower Hudson Basketball Coaches Association is having an "exposure practice" at Bronxville High School from 7 p.m.t o 9 p.m.
Friday, Oct. 4
- The Bronxville Fall Sidewalk Sale will take place Friday, Oct. 4, and Saturday, Oct. 5. Hours vary by business. Both days there will be free parking in the Kraft Ave lot, in the Garden Ave lot, and in the metered parking spots along Parkway Road, courtesy of the Village of Bronxville.