Pelham Firefighters Respond to Restaurant Fire

A stove caused a fire to ignite inside Rockwells Restaurant in Pelham Monday night.

Firefighters from Pelham and Pelham Manor responded to the scene of a small kitchen fire at Rockwells Restaurant Monday night.

The fire started inside the restaurant, located at 105 Wolfs Lane, at about 9 p.m. Pelham fire Lt. Chris McCann said the fire was caused by a stove that was too close to a wall.

The fire reached inside the wall, but firefighters managed to cut the wall open and knock the fire down quickly, according to McCann.

Employees and patrons inside the restaurant managed to evacuate and no injuries were reported.

McCann said structural damage to the restaurant was limited and that the business will be able to reopen once it receives approval from the Westchester County Department of Health.

The New Rochelle firefighters were on standby for the Pelham fire department during Monday’s fire.


More »
Got a question? Something on your mind? Talk to your community, directly.
Note Article
Just a short thought to get the word out quickly about anything in your neighborhood.
Share something with your neighbors.What's on your mind?What's on your mind?Make an announcement, speak your mind, or sell somethingPost something
See more »