The Best of Westchester issue arrived in our mailbox earlier this week, and quite a few of our local shops were featured. If you missed the issue, or you’re looking for some ideas for the weekend, you might check out the following local winners:
- Best Patisserie: , Bronxville
- Best Twist on the Traditional Martini: The “Sorbetini” at in Tuckahoe
- Best Cheese Shop: , Bronxville
- Best Gelato: , Eastchester
- Best Sangria: , Bronxville
- Best Kids Haircuts: , Eastchester
- Foreign Auto Repair: , Bronxville
Surprisingly neither nor were mentioned in the “Best Chicken Wing” category, a decision we’ll disagree with. And with 238 nail salons in Bronxville, how couldn't we win that category? (Actually, there wasn't a nail salon category, but we're just saying.)
Unfortunately, the Bronxville/Eastchester area was poorly represented in the “Reader’s Picks” category. “Poorly” is actually an understatement – not a single local business was listed, while it seemed, based on the results, that our neighbors in Scarsdale stuffed the ballots.
Let’s try to right the situation next year.
Stay dry and have a great weekend everyone!