Thanks to Westchester Deputy Communications Director Donna Greene for the following:
Motorists are advised that major portions of the Bronx River Parkway in both directions will be closed from the Sprain Brook Parkway in Yonkers to the Westchester County Center (Exit 22) in White Plains from Friday night, May 3 at 10 p.m. to Saturday night, May 4 at 8 p.m.
These closures are necessary to shift the roadway to a new traffic pattern in the Crane Road vicinity to allow for the construction of new bridge piers and drilling of piles for the new west bridge abutment of the new bridge as part of the Crane Road Bridge Replacement Project on the Bronx River Parkway.
Northbound Parkway closures:
· All northbound Bronx River Parkway traffic in Yonkers (six lane section of the parkway) will be detoured onto the Sprain Brook Parkway, then to Central Park Avenue (NY 100) to White Plains.
· Local traffic will have access to the northbound Bronx River Parkway at the following locations (between the Sprain Brook Parkway and Harney Road): Paxton Avenue, Elm Street, Scarsdale Road, Thompson Street and Leewood Drive.
· Local northbound parkway traffic will be detoured at Harney Road to Scarsdale Avenue and East Parkway and re-entering the northbound parkway at Crane Road.
· Northbound parkway will be open to traffic at Crane Road and all points north.
Southbound Parkway closures:
· All southbound Bronx River Parkway traffic will be detoured at the Westchester County Center (Exit 22) in White Plains onto Central Park Avenue south to the Sprain Brook Parkway.
· Entrances to southbound Bronx River Parkway at Main Street and Fenimore Road will be closed.
· Local traffic will have access to the southbound Bronx River Parkway at Ardsley Road and points south.
New traffic pattern on the parkway starting on Saturday night, May 4 at 8 p.m.:
· Northbound Bronx River Parkway Exit 12 ramp at Crane Road will be closed for the duration of the project.
· Southbound Parkway Exit 12 will remain open.
· Entrance to the northbound Bronx River Parkway at Crane Road will remain open.
· One lane will remain closed on both the northbound and southbound parkway approaching the vicinity of the Crane Road Bridge for the duration of the project. Delays are expected during rush hours in both directions. Variable message signs will display anticipated travel times during the peak periods.
Motorists are advised to seek alternate routes. Numerous variable message signs are being used in both directions to alert motorists of these closures.
The project began last summer and will take three years to complete.
For additional information, contact Westchester County Department of Public Works and Transportation at 995-2555. Full details on this project are available at westchestergov.com/craneroadbridge.