Taking the idea of a community watch group and expanding it nationwide, the National Night Out 2012 serves as an opportunity for residents of Tuckahoe, along with hundreds of other communities across the country designate Tuesday Aug. 7 as a "going away party" to neighborhood crime and drugs.
Festivities will kick off with a bicycle parade that begins at 6:45 p.m. that starts at lower Lake Ave at the Garrett Ave. Park in Tuckahoe and then proceeds northward on Lake Ave. with the final destination being Depot Square.
This event focuses on crime prevention, community education, neighbors meeting each other, child safety, fingerprinting, Neighborhood Watch Programs and their implementation, and great entertainment for the entire family.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
Some of the planned activities include:
- Crime prevention education featuring a community watch, child ID kits, community policing, sex offender registry information and more.
- Tuckahoe and Eastchester Police Units
- EVAC and Westchester County Department of Corrections
- Giveaways and prizes
- Games and Crafts for all ages
- Prizes for the "Best Decorated Bicycle" in several catagories
For more information on the National Night Out program, now in it's 29th year, visit nationaltownwatch.org/nno/.