The two-act program for "Live, Love, Dance" will be performed by 24 of the studio's students and seven members of its professional dance staff including show co-directors Sasha Bylim and his wife Olga. Most of the dances will be performed by students paired with studio instructors.
Five students participating in the dance showcase gathered awards in Smooth and Latin styles at the National Fred Astaire competitions, held last year in Las Vegas, Nevada, San Juan, P.R., and Orlando, Florida.
- 1 "One" (Opening Dance)
- 2 “Vivir Me Vida” (Salsa)
- 3 "You Make Me Feel So Young” (Foxtrot)
- 4 “Tango in Harlem” (Tango)
- 5 "Puttin' on the Ritz" (Show Dance)
- 6 "Don't Stop Me Now" (Swing)
- 7 “Piu Che Puoi” (Waltz)
- 8 “Carmen Habanera” (Show Dance)
- 9 "I Don't Want to Know" (Rumba)
- 10 "Blurred Lines" (Cha Cha)
- 11 “Don’t Cry” (Viennese Waltz)
- 12 "Be Italian" (Show Dance)
- 13 “Adagio” (Bolero)
- 14 “Tango Stazo” (Tango)
- 15 "Petite Ladies" (Pro Solo)
- 16 "My Little Girl" (Show Dance)
- 17 "Shake Your Tail Feather" (Swing)
- 18 "Caribbean Blue" (Viennese Waltz Formation)
- 1 "I Hope You Dance" (Show Dance)
- 2 “Espana Cani” (Paso Doble)
- 3 (Argentine Tango)
- 4 “Comin’ Around” (Rumba)
- 5 "El Tango de Roxanne" (Tango)
- 6 "Teach Me How to Shimmy" (Swing)
- 7 "Salsa Sabroso con Reggaeton" (Pro Solo)
- 8 “Quizas, Quizas, Quizas” (International Rumba)
- 9 "The Power of Now (Pro Solo)
- 10 "Come Dance with Me" (Rumba–Cha-Cha)
- 11 “Loca" (Samba)
- 12 "Once Upon a December" (Viennese Waltz)
- 13 "Cruisin' for a Bruisin'" (Swing)
- 14 "Skyfall" (Show Bolero)
- 15 "Man with the Hex" (Show Dance)
- 16 "Rich Man's Frug" (Show Dance
- 17 “My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark” (Show Dance)
- 18 "Once Upon Another Time” (Show Dance)
- 19 "Dance Again" (Show Closing Dance)
Apolonov specializes in open routines and has been won six championships during his career. He lives in Milwaukee, WI.
Carter, a resident of Houston, Texas, has been a part of the Fred Astaire Franchised Dance Studio organization since 1984 and has won many awards in solo, novelty and showcase competitions.
Hamilton, a native of Nashville, Tennessee, has been teaching for 26 years. He is a three-time, undefeated American Ballroom Champion and a three-time World finalist. He is a member of the National Dance Council of America and the World Dance Council.
The performance begins at 7 p.m. Each act runs about 55 minutes and there is a 20-minute intermission.
Sasha Bylim was recently named Fred Astaire Co-National Dance Director.
He and Olga became dance partners in Poltava, Ukraine in 1980 and over the years have danced at more than 500 dance sport championships.
The Bylim's were Ukrainian champions for six times and went on to become Fred Astaire National Champions and United States National Finalists. They opened the Tarrytown Fred Astaire Dance Studio in July of 1999 and moved the studio to its current location in Sleepy Hollow in March, 2010.
They also are the Fred Astaire Dance Studios franchise developers for the Long Island, New York area.
Sasha and Olga are residents of Tarrytown.
The cost of admission is $33 per person. To purchase tickets click here or go to tickets.tarrytownmusichall.org/eventperformances.asp?evt=1489
Fred Astaire Dance Studio, 358 North Broadway, Suite 102, Sleepy Hollow, NY, 914-366-4695, www.fredastairetarrytown.com