Now that the weekend is upon us, here are a few family fun events happening in and around our area this weekend:
Art Exhibition of Brian Browne at Bronxville Women's Club
- The month of October will have the art of Brian C. Browne as the artist of the month at the Bronxville Women's Club. Brian is the nephew of clubmember Noel Magyera and grew up in Westchester and lived in Bronxville with his wife and son from 1998-2003. He now divides his time between New York and Portland, Maine. His work can be viewed at the club from October 1 through October 26, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
Topps Wine and Liquor Grand Opening Weekend
- Join the owners of Topps Bakery as they usher in their second store in the Village, Topps Wine and Liquor, located at 98 Pondfield Rd. The celebration hours are scheduled for 4 p.m. - 7 p.m. on Friday with wine tastings and other special events.
Let Patch save you time. Get great local stories like this delivered right to your inbox or smartphone everyday with our free newsletter. Simple, fast sign-up here.
- The book sale is being organized by the Friends of the Tuckahoe Library and will take place on Saturday Oct. 14 from 10 a.m. - 4 p.m. New books are $5, old hard covers are $2, children's books are $1, paperbacks are $.50 and Dvd's are $2. The community center is located at 71 Columbus Ave.
- The Eagles will travel to Pelham looking for thier first victory of the season. The game will take place on Saturday Oct. 13 at 1:30 p.m. at Pelham Memorial High School.
- In one of the biggest rivalry games of the season, the Broncos at 3-2 travel to Tuckahoe to take on the 4-0-1 Tigers. The game takes place on Saturday Oct. 13 with kickoff scheduled for 6:30 p.m.
Bronxville Farmers Market
- Don't forget to take advantage as the Bronxville Farmers market is still running now thru Nov. 17 and takes place on Saturday from 8:30 a.m. - 1 p.m. located at Stone Pl. and Paxton Ave.
Tuckahoe Farmers Market
- The Tuckahoe Farmers Market runs now thru Nov. 23 and takes place every Sunday from 10 a.m.- 4 p.m. The market takes place at Depot Sq. across from the Pope Generoso Foundation.
Growlers Beer Bistro First Annual Oktoberfest
- Oktoberfest is a sixteen day festival in Munich and Bavaria, Germany. Growlers may not have 16 days but they will be fitting in all the fun in one weekend. Join them for Growlers Beer Bistro’s first annual Oktoberfest in Tuckahoe on Saturday and Sunday, Oct. 13 and 14 from 1 p.m to 11 p.m.. Live music featuring Cutthroat Shamrock 8 p.m. -11 p.m. on Saturday and Marty Osterer’s MTJ Band 7 p.m. - 10 p.m. on Sunday.