The holidays are upon us, with Thanksgiving less than a week away and with that in mind, local businesses are counting on residents to patronize their stores and put them in the black this holiday season.
"Never mind Black Friday—focus on Small Business Saturday," stated Susan Miele from the Bronxville Chamber of Commerce refering to the Saturday after Thanksgiving, where a national movement has begun to support small, independent, local businesses.
"You’ll not only boost the economy of your hometown, you’ll also get fabulous merchandise, festive gift wrapping, and concierge service to help you find that perfect gift for everyone on your list," she continued.
The Bronxville Chamber is planning holiday festivities and will also be announcing various shops where discounts can be found but one customer seems to find herself again and again at the various bakeries around the village this time of year, finding discounts on gift baskets and other tasty treats.
"Every year I go to Topps Bakery and Elite Sweets and can always find tons of options for little chocolates for my co-workers and other great stocking stuffers," remarked Kimberly Daly who lives off Garth Rd. in Eastchester.
Here are a few businesses in Bronxville offering some holiday specials courtesy of the Bronxville Chamber of Commerce.
- Order your natural, organic Grateful Harvest turkey from Village Natural Market. Stop by 86 Pondfield Rd or call 779-3552.
- J&G Deli is accepting Thanksgiving catering orders and will be open on Thanksgiving from 8 a.m. to 12 p.m. for pickup. The menu includes an assortment of appetizers such as stuffed mushrooms, stuffed or fried artichokes, and antipasto platters; roasted turkey and spiral ham are available for entrees; and side dishes include Sicilian stuffing, cranberry sauce, garlic-roasted potatoes, and mashed potatoes. Inquire about other options. View the complete menu and details here. 914-664-3475; 502 New Rochelle Rd.
- The Bronxville Farmer’s Market will be held only one more time this year! Come on down to Stone Pl at Paxton Ave this Saturday, November 17, between 8:30 a.m. and 1 p.m. Get ready for Thanksgiving and stock up on all your favorite foods, because the market won’t be back till May!
- Lange’s Deli has posted their Thanksgiving catering menu, which includes both traditional items and variations like cranberries with pecans in brandy sauce, whipped sweet potato with brown sugar and honey, spiral ham, and stuffing with sausage. Dessert options include mini pumpkin pie, bread pudding, and apple-cherry pie. Orders must be placed by Monday, Nov. 19, and picked up by Wednesday, Nov. 21. 914-337-DELI.
- Scarborough Fair Catering’s Thanksgiving menu is eclectic, including an assortment of hors d’oeuvres and appetizers like Apple & Brie in Phyllo, Braised Short Rib Pies, and Lump Crab Cakes with Tomato Remoulade Sauce; soups (Fall Squash and Pear Puree; Mushroom and Asiago Bisque); salads; and, in addition to the traditional fare like roasted turkey, a variety of turkey alternatives and side dishes like Roasted Cornish Hens with Port Wine, Winter Squash Ravioli, and Roasted Root Vegetable Medley with Rosemary; and tempting breads and desserts, including Pumpkin Cheesecake. Turkeys must be ordered by Nov. 16.
- Dobbs & Bishop Fine Cheeses is carrying pumpkin ice cream and an assortment of Thanksgiving pies. Choose from apple, pumpkin, and pecan. The shop will be open for one hour on Thanksgiving morning for pickups. 107 Pondfield Rd. 361-1770.
- Chantilly Patisserie is accepting Thanksgiving orders, including pies, vegetable quiche, breads, pumpkin loaves, and more. View their menu here. Orders will be accepted through Sunday, Nov. 18.
- On Black Friday, Nov. 23, make Underhills Crossing one of your first stops of the day. From 11 a.m. to 4 p.m., they’ll be serving brunch and lunch at 74.5 Pondfield Rd. Then head over to Fabio's Hair Salon, where you can receive 20-40% off select retail and professional tools. 137 Parkway Rd.
Where will you be shopping this holiday season? Leave your favorite places for Holiday Shopping in the comments below!