- The counties in New York State with the lowest unemployment rates include:
- Tompkins County (5.0 percent)
- Putnam County (5.4 percent)
- Nassau County (5.5 percent)
- Rockland County (5.6 percent)
- The counties in New York State with the highest unemployment rates include:
- Bronx County (11.2 percent)
- Lewis County (10.2 percent)
- Jefferson County (10.0 percent)
- Hamilton County (9.8 percent)
Putnam's unemployment rate dropped from 7.0 percent in January last year. Rockland's was 7.2 percent in 2013.
Westchester lags behind at 6.0 percent, compared to 7.7 percent this time last year.
The statistics are for January 2014.
Read more about the new report (and follow the argument in the comments):
5 Facts about New York's Latest Jobs Report