In the wake of Hurricane Sandy, businesses throughout Bronxville-Eastchester have offered to lend a hand, either through collecting donations or donating time, money or resources themselves toward those in need.
Local businesses like Julia B. Fee Sotheby’s International Realty offered to recharge people’s electronic devices; Steve Ircha of Aegis Capital offered use of his conference room to conduct business needs and the Bronxville public schools offered refuge and electric recharging over the weekend.
Here are a few businesses in Bronxville that are collecting supplies for storm victims:
- Bronxville Wellness Sanctuary is collecting items at the spa for Long Beach residents. Items needed include blankets, diapers (all sizes), wipes, paper towels, toilet paper, batteries, shopping bags, non-perishable food, and water.
- Chantilly Patisserie is collecting donated goods for the victims of Sandy. Their team will personally distribute donated items to people in need in hard-hit areas of New York (they made their first delivery this past Monday). Items sought include nonperishable food, blankets, pet supplies, and toiletries (all in good condition). Bring your donations to their shop at 135 Parkway Rd.
- JC Fogarty’s has launched a Hurricane Sandy Relief effort. They’re accepting donations of water, canned goods, flashlights, batteries, etc., all week, which will be delivered to The Rockaways on Friday.
- Meals on Wheels 10708, Inc., which runs a home-delivery meal program offering a hot noonday meal to their clients who are elderly, ill, or disabled in the 10708 zip code, remained in operation throughout Hurricane Sandy. They are currently in need of additional volunteers to deliver meals. Volunteers work in teams of two. A delivery route takes approximately 1-1½ hours. Volunteers deliver meals at least 1 day a week. For info: email MOW1973@aol.com or 914-787-3027.
- Link NY Realty CEO Valon Nikci for volunteering with the American Red Cross to help those affected by Hurricane Sandy.
- Pepe Cadillac is offering a free diagnostic check of your storm-damaged vehicle. In the event the inspection reveals repairs required due to Sandy, they are offering a 15% discount on these repairs. All repairs, including insurance claims, must be completed no later than November 15, 2012. Pepe Cadillac represents all General Motors makes and models.
- Operation PROM will be donating monetary funds to the American Red Cross and United Way’s NY & NJ relief efforts following Hurricane Sandy. You can donate directly via Operation PROM's Paypal account. Type "disaster relief" in the notes so they can allocate all those funds to help the people of NY & NJ. Alternatively, a portion of the proceeds from your purchase of Stella & Dot Jewelry will be donated. To shop jewelry, click here.
- The Junior League of Bronxville reminds us why we should be grateful for what we have, how to minimize inconveniences, and how we can help others less fortunate.
- Weezie D. Ladies Boutique has teamed up with the Westchester Coalition for the Hungry & Homeless for their third annual holiday food drive, through December 22. Bring your nonperishable donations (e.g., canned food, dry/evaporated milk, peanut butter, grains, juices, etc.) to 15 Park Pl.