Written By Patch Staff
Countdown to Sochi! At Patch, we’re passionate about promoting area athletes and providing a place for local conversation about this nationally -- and internationally -- exciting event.
Before the Winter Games officially begin, we wanted to share the easy steps to adding your voice to the site.
You can post notes of pride, rally support for locals heading to Sochi, or like this Joliet Patch blogger, sound off on the recent anti-gay legislation from Russia and why it’s important not to boycott the Games. Patch is the place to share whatever is on your mind.
Just head to your Patch, create a Patch username and password (if you don’t have one already) and create your new blog by choosing the "Start a Blog" option.
It’s super easy -- you can personalize it with a title, photos and a description in less than five minutes. For athletes on their way to compete, you can even designate multiple blog managers so family, supporters and coaches traveling with you can post, too. And don’t forget to share your new blog with your social network so they can subscribe for updates!
Because we value community voices, our platform allows users to interact and post directly to the site. There are no requirements for blogging -- it’s your content, your space and your rules. (Just don’t violate our terms of service!)
Posts appear on the homepage, in the daily newsletter and often are shared with our social audiences on Facebook and Twitter. Our network of hundreds of sites across the country and ties to AOL and Huffington Post mean your content may also earn national placement.Interested? Have questions? Email Community Editor firstname.lastname@example.org today for help.
Not up for starting a blog? Share your opinions, thoughts and photos on our free Conversations Boards below.
- To share on Harrison Patch click here.
- To share on Port Chester Patch click here.
- To share on Rye Patch click here.
- To share on Larchmont-Mamaroneck Patch click here.
- To share on Darien click here.
- To share on Greenwich click here.
- To share on New Canaan click here.
- To share on Stamford click here.
- To share on Scarsdale Patch click here.
- To share on Bronxville-Eastchester Patch click here.
- To share on Pelham Patch click here.
- To share on New Rochelle Patch click here.
- To share on Fairfield Patch click here.
- To share on Wilton Patch click here.
- To share on Westport Patch click here.
- To share on Norwalk Patch click here.