Get a jump start on celebrating the weekend and enjoying your time away from work and school. Here are a few local events to help you and your family have some fun. TGIF!
1. Unseasonably warm weather is making this early spring season difficult for millions of Americans who suffer from asthma and allergies. The screening will take place on May 12 from 10 a.m. to 1 p.m. at , located at 55 Palmer Avenue in Bronxville on the first floor Conference Room.
2. : Get ready to rumble! Suburbia Roller Derby's Backyard Bullies host Garden State Rollergirls' Brick City Bruisers in their only home game of the season. The match will take place on Saturday May 12 at 7 p.m. at the Yonkers Police Athletic League, 127 N. Broadway. Tickets are $15 for general admission and $20 for VIP trackside seating. Kids under 8 are free with paying adult. For more info, visit www.suburbiarollerderby.com.
3. Looking for something fun for your middle school-aged girls to do this weekend? The Scarsdale Teen Center is holding its first, free party starting at 6:30 p.m. Friday night.
4. On Saturday, bring the kids to the Greenburgh Library and celebrate . Starting at 10:30 a.m., have some special time with mom doing crafts and enjoying treats.
5. Don't have a gift yet for mom? Head to the Saturday from 7:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m. to pick up a Mother's Day gift and support the Junior League.
6. And for all those deserving moms looking for a little unwinding this Mother's Day, head to the Scarsdale Yoga Studios on Sunday at 11:30 a.m. for . Relax on your special day. Enjoy!