Everyone got into the holiday spirit at Eastchester's Memorial Park for the annual Holiday Lights Celebration Sunday. Eastchester Beautification Foundation Co-President Judith Blau wrote about the festive gathering.
Eastchester families, Town and County officials, musicians, Scouts and guests gathered at the north corner of Memorial Park to launch the holiday season when “the switch was thrown” and the 40-foot blue spruce, the beautiful nativity scene and the 8-foot menorah sparkled with lights. Along with Christmas carols, traditional Chanukah songs, candy canes, hot chocolate, cookies and dreidels, the spirit of the Eastchester community turned a wet and drizzly evening into a festive event for their annual December celebration.
The Agenda included:
1. Scarsdale Boy Scout Troop 2 presented the flag with Leader, Ed Gruber's Troop.
2. Remarks from: Maura McMahon Co-Presidents of EBF and Supervisor Anthony Colavita.
3. Musician, Eric Komar, singer and guitarist, joined us once again to lead the caroling after the “switch was thrown” by the Girl Scouts, lighting the tree, nativity scene and menorah.
4. The Tuckahoe Knights of Columbus, John A. Keogh Council, sponsor the crèche.
5. EBF thanked the Boy and Girl Scouts, volunteers, EBF membership, the Highway and Parks Department, The DelVecchio family for the star at the top of this Town tree, which we call “Gary’s Star” in memory of Councilman Gary DelVecchio and to Eli Topel - Ann Hutchinson Lodge of B'Nai Brith and the Moses Family for donating the Menorah to the Town.
6. Refreshments were provided and served by Tuckahoe /Eastchester Girl Scouts, Troops 1533 and 2542.