Bronxville, NY- On March 16, 2014,
"Team Chapel – Arts" will run the New York Road Runners (NYRR) Half
Marathon in New York City to raise awareness for the art and drama programs of
The Chapel School. The team consists of eight Chapel School, Village Lutheran
Church, and Concordia College community members, who will serve as ambassadors
of the arts. The ambassadors will help raise awareness of The Chapel School
Arts Programs. Team Chapel Arts is seeking corporate sponsorships and
private grants to support and strengthen the art and drama programs of The
According to James Dhyne, Principal of The Chapel School, “Fine Arts, Music, and Drama are important parts of every child's education. While many schools are eliminating programs, The Chapel School in Bronxville, N.Y. is dedicated to preserving and expanding their Arts programs.” The Chapel School is a Preschool 3 to Grade 8 school known for academic excellence and a diverse student body. According to Dhyne, “The academic atmosphere at The Chapel School challenges our students to stretch their abilities.”
The runners, dubbed “art ambassadors” include local men and women who understand the value of arts education. “The dedication each of these runners has is amazing,” said Kim Zwisdak, The Chapel School Development Office Project Manager. “Even in the snow and harsh cold they are hitting the treadmills and training outside.”
Arts Ambassadors who will run on behalf of The Chapel Schools art and drama program include:
· George Heath, a teacher in the music department for twelve years. Heath also serves as the cantor for the church.
· Heidi von Maur has been a Chapel School parent since 2006. She has a background is in the fine and decorative arts. Von Maur commented, “I encourage my children to accompany me while training and I enjoy running alongside with them.”
· Chris Gleason is the proud parent of two current Chapel School students. He has served on the Board of Trustees and has been a member of the Village Lutheran Church since moving to Westchester in 2002.
· Jennifer Ralph, a first-year Chapel School parent. She has run several half marathons over the past few years.
· Anderson Kenny, a Chapel School parent since 2011. He is an architect and painter working in Manhattan.
· Treva Foss, a music instructor at Concordia College-New York, where she teaches voice, music courses and general education courses.
For more information on Team Chapel, contact the Chapel School at 914-337-3202 or on-line at http://TeamChapel.com. The Chapel School is located at172 White Plains Road in Bronxville, New York. The next open house for The Chapel School is February 7th. For more information about the Chapel School and its programs, please call 914-337-3202 or visit the website at www.thechapelschool.org