Tuckahoe, NY – The Junior League of Bronxville is excited to announce that the popular children's band, Bossy Frog, will be performing at this year's Touch-A-Truck event. Bossy Frog is performing on Saturday October 5, 2013 between 10:30am and 11:30am at the Immaculate Conception School Field in Tuckahoe NY (Touch-A-Truck event is from 10 am to 3 pm). Introducing the Bossy Frog Band will be local News 12 personality, Lisa Salvadorini, who will be attending the event with her two children. Following the performance, children will have the opportunity to meet the Band and purchase Bossy Frog merchandise.
“We are excited to have the Bossy Frog Band performing at our Touch-A-Truck event. Their music helps children become active participants in the learning process through their interactive songs and dances,” said TAT Committee Co-Chair Eileen Palma. “The amount of enthusiasm that they bring to each performance is going to have every child up singing and dancing,” said TAT Co-Chair Nicole Smith.
The event highlights include:
• Ferrari will have a sports car on hand in addition; you can climb aboard The Tuckahoe Trolley and a variety of vehicles.
• Helping everyone transition into fall will be Nature's Cradle, who will be offering Hayrides throughout the day.
• Halloween comes early with fun, funky, sparkly, colorful or all of the above from Fabio’s Hair Studio’s Halloween hairstyles and Halloween makeup.
• Children will also be able to create a fun craft at the Citibabes Arts and Crafts table.
• Delicious treats by Starlight Dairy and What's for Dessert. (What's for Dessert is also offering children the opportunity to let their inner cake boss shine by decorating their own cupcakes at the event.)
• Activities not just for kids! The Bronxville Wellness Sanctuary is going to be on hand giving out free chair massages.
The cost for attending the Touch-A-Truck event is $10 per person ($15 at the door) or $30 for a family of four. Please consider buying a $100 Benefactor Ticket to further support the league. Each Benefactor Ticket includes four admission tickets plus tee shirts for the children. Tickets can be purchased prior to the event at www.jlbronxville.org. (Event t-shirts will also be on sale that day.)
Proceeds from the Touch-A-Truck event will benefit the Junior League of Bronxville's outreach programs in it's service areas of Bronxville, Eastchester, Mount Vernon, Tuckahoe, and Yonkers. The JLB has been an active and vocal women’s volunteer organization in Southern Westchester since 1948.